Senior Class: Create Your Future. Start Here.
Senior Year Check List
SEPTEMBER | OCTOBER | NOVEMBER
- Watch for presentations, College Information Nights or College/Career Fairs that may be scheduled at your school.
- Review the “Steps for New Students” SRJC webpage: Steps For New Students.
- Complete SRJC Applications for Admission:
- for Spring semester as a Dual-Enrollment student (to enroll in Counseling 270 or other courses.)
- for Summer/Fall as a new, first-time college student after graduation from high school.
OCTOBER 1 – MARCH 2
- Priority filing period for Financial Aid. Go to the FAFSA web site or CADAA web site and apply early.
- SRJC For Free and the Doyle Scholarship are awarded through the financial aid application process. Be sure to apply!
Go to Financial Aid for more information.
- Check with your school Counseling Office to find out when financial aid presentations, workshop or Cash for College Nights are scheduled. Parents are encouraged to attend.
FEBRUARY | MARCH | APRIL
- Watch for scholarship deadlines – continues through May.
- No matter what your after high school plans are, apply for the Doyle Scholarship! Go to the Doyle Scholarship web page to learn more, or go to the Scholarships web page for more information about SRJC Scholarship Programs.
- Don’t forget! The Financial Aid priority filing deadline is March 2. If you miss the priority filing date, it’s not too late! Go ahead and submit your application as soon as possible.
MARCH | APRIL
- If you didn't enroll in Counseling 270, it's not too late to earn Priority 4 registration. Simply complete the In-person or Online Orientation and meet with a Counselor to complete an Education Plan before priority registration starts in mid-April.
- Register for your summer and fall classes on the same day. Check your Student Portal to confirm your assigned registration date/time.
JUNE | JULY - AFTER HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
- Request that your high school transcripts be sent to SRJC after you graduate.
- Take summer classes that might help get ready for the fall semester, or that will give you a head-start on your educational program. Your SRJC counselor may add summer course(s) to your Education Plan.
- Purchase your textbooks and supplies.
- Visit the college to find the locations of your classes.
- Obtain your parking permit, and check out potential parking locations.
- Attend Welcome Day.
FIRST DAY OF FALL SEMESTER CLASSES
- Arrive early to the campus to allow plenty of extra time to find parking. It can take 30 minutes or more to find parking during peak times.
- Bring your class schedule with you, or know how to access your schedule via your smartphone.
- Don’t be late or miss the first day of class or you might be dropped.